Monday, February 13, 2006

Why am I like this?

Scene at a Nationalised Bank:-A guy walks to the helpdesk issuing application forms for lifetime free credit cards.

Guy to the lady at the helpdesk:Madam,application form kodi.

Lady:En kelsa madthira neevu?

Guy:Itpl nalli iro ondu company cab driver agiddini,says with a smile.

Lady:Frowns(ivarella illi yake barthare type of expression)
then says"Driver kelsa madovarigella credit card kodolla"

I was right there at the scene,and was dumbstruck seeing the manner in which she spoke.She was rude,blunt and so disrespectful of another person's profession.She could have explained the same thing in a better way instead of insulting the guy.His face became pale,and he slowly retraced his steps back and then towards the desk.
I wanted to say something,maybe give her a piece of my mind,but I was numb.As I walked back, I knew I hated myself for not speaking out.

Second incident in a row that made me feel bad for not making any effort for someone's sake.
I was in a bus which had all seats full,but was not crowded with people standing and competing for space..A lady boarded the bus.She was ripe in old age and was very weak,in a feeble voice she asked if the bus goes to a particular area.

I looked around to see if any seats were empty,but in vain..Everwhere I saw aunties chatting away to glory with their neighbours or girls whispering over the cell phones...No one seemed to bother about the old lady who was struggling to stand..

The bus was at my stop and I got down..The bus moved on and lady was still standing..I could have asked the person seated in the seat reserved for old people to make way for the old lady isn't?Why was I lost in my own thoughts when I could have done my little to help the lady..

I dont like my attitude...Is it being selfish?

1 comment:

Tejaswi said...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)