Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Role Model...

Saw the movie,do I need to mention the name?
Thought provoking,Inspiring,spectacular,awesome..all this and much more..Driving to office I was thinking about the movie and had a totally different and strange opinion building in my
mind..I belong to a nation in which the youth are waking up to problems of the country,cries of the distressed and stretching their arms for the needy..A filmmaker makes a movie which is bang on target with the mood of the youth and leaves them choking and truely inspired.The youth look upon the actors as role models...Now do you look upon the actors who did their part in the movie just because they got a chance to play the role as role models?Agree the movie really inspires you to get out of your cozy sofa and act,do something to make things better but isnt this similiar to the way all the astrologers or self development gurus encash on?Be it this movie or any such self proclaimed guru,he tries to encash on the human psychology or the current frame of mind...You go to a personality development course when you feel stressed and when you think everything is lost.You go in with an expectation of getting something positive and your mind just gets moulded in that direction,its something like mass hypnotism.Coming back to role models,why does a person X figure as the role model of a country just because he is an actor who is a terrific person on screen?What is the person's contribution to the society or to the people who adore the person?Role models should be people who contribute and work for the betterment of the society in their own way.

I dint really write what I wanted to,the prelude became longer than expected..So the crux of my thought has to wait for the next post.

No comments: