She was in a daze,she couldnt beleive what the doctor just told her...Her fears had come true...The doctor suspected a cancerous growth in her abdomen and asked her to undergo a X-Ray test.She was scared,tense and nervous...She prayed to god for the tests to be negative..She walked in slow,small steps to the X-Ray dept.She was asked to change to the patients robe like any other patient to undergo a X-Ray test.There was a guy at the X-ray machine,he smiled at her and greeted warmly.She felt slightly comfortable guessing she is in safe hands.But alas,little did she know that this guy was a maniac and had messed around with many innocent and timid females and nurses.But none had complained against him,when he tried to mess around with her she slapped him hard and complained to the Dean.But her efforts turned futile when the dean let him go with
only a warning saying that he was an experienced person in his job and they couldnt sack him.
The topic discussed here isnt new at all..Every girl would have been a witness or a victim of some sort of harassment in the course of her life..Be it in a crowded bus or a
deserted road,the music teacher in the neighbourhood or the PT master in school..Be it when you are with a group of people or you are alone..The harassment is prevalent everywhere..Came across couple of well written posts on the same issue:-
Want-tobepunchy and Streets-Stories
The Black Noise Project is indeed a great idea and a very good initiative to protest against harassment,but for this to be a success and effective; more aggressive efforts to be put in.I strongly support the Blank noise project though!Hope it becomes a huge success!
(Ps:-I dont think I did a good write-up here...but as long as the message is driven who cares about what I wrote)
2 comments:
The Blank Noise Project is a great initiative indeed. I appreciate the people behind it. However, I am still not sure if this project can do anything substantial other than create awareness amongst the net surfers. The road romeos and others do not read all this. Neither do they change their behaviour based on others opinions. I have no answer on how this menace can be dealt with, but nevertheless, this is a start.
True,I too wonder how effective this is gonna be..But then a start has to be made somewhere and when couple of minds get together and be focussed on the impending task on hand,its gonna work!
Post a Comment