I was four years old,and missed the spectacular show and still waiting to see it come true again.
We may not be the best team,we may not be great in batting or bowling or fielding but what the heck,
'I'm an Indian' and I love the game.I remember watching our matches irrespective of anything important I have the following day,fought with brother,mother and father to support the team in dire circumstances,had a crush on Ravi Shastri,Ian Botham,Azhar,sweared at Kumble for getting married to whoever he got married to,Kallis,Brett Lee and so on..(The list is never ending).....Its an amazing feeling to watch the Indian team play,be it a winning or losing match..The heart always wishes that they win even if the situation is to score 6 runs in one ball..One always would hope that the last run is a sixer and we win the match...
I'll always hope and wish to see us winning the World cup before I lose my senses to see or to hear or before I cease to exist in person around...
Came across a very well written post that captures the spirit of people when we won the Prudential cup in 1983.Read here.
No comments:
Post a Comment