'Apne per pe khuladi marna' means 'hit your own feet with an axe'
Some people dig their own graves,most of the times unknowingly.What if a person digs his own grave even though he is aware of the consequences?Such a person has to be out of his mind.The world witnessed something similiar,and the person Im referring to is Zidane.Why did he ram into the Italian?Was he thinking that he was in a bull fighting arena and not on a football field?Whatever!He messed up his last match.It doesnt hurt that France lost,because I was not supporting any team.I watch football only because it is slightly similiar to Hockey.But non-sportsmanship has left me perturbed.It may be fair in love and war but this is just a game .
From what I recall,I have not seen any sports person leave in glory when it is his last appearance on the field.Steffi and Agassi atleast put in their best,but Zidane just spoiled it all.
This is a stupid thought.But is match fixing prevalent in Soccer too?If yes,I'm sure the It'an M.a.f.i.a has a hand in it.(I know this is silly)
They probably promised Zidane the moon and the stars. And like our dear Azza bhai Zidane must have got carried away by all the promises and decided to throw away the game.(Me and my ideas..)
Among other things,I'm happy Nadal lost.I dont like players who grunt on the field.
He has tons of lofty attitude,which I hate in a person.Federer plays better and moreover he is cute.He is the second tennis player pleasing to my eyes,first being Goran Ivani sevic.
8 comments:
I still cant figure out why Zizou ended his career the way he did. He always came across as a thorough gentleman in the matches I have seen so far. I am still hoping that there is some rational explanation behind it all, even though the footage shows otherwise :(
As far as the wimbledon finals is concerned, I must disagree with you. I think Nadal came across as quite a humble chap. And his resilience and will after the first set wash out was admirable. I am a huge fan of Federer too, but I cant wait to see Nadal give Federer a tougher fight for the next title.
Forgot to sign the comment.
-Yamini
And I wait to see Federer humble Nadal on the clay court!
I always support the 'underdog' :) So, on clay, I would side with Federer too ;)
-Y
Zizou is still the second best football player to me, the first being Maradona. This head butting of his doesnt remove an iota of respect I have for him. The only regret I have had is to lose his 10 mins play.
I personally dont trust the ITALIANS, they are core racist, very evident in their team composition. You just cant swallow things thrown at you everytime. It was a good learning for the likes of Mattarazi, it would be been a great lesson if France would have won.
france's victory was far from certain even if zidane was present for rest of the match.. when it comes to winning on penalties i felt that italy had a better chance.. superiority of buffon's keeping would have come into play eventually
javed
'From what I recall,I have not seen any sports person leave in glory when it is his last appearance on the field' -
Pete Sampras
Chris Cairns
Steve Waugh
lots of them ya..
>>zeeds
yeah,many of them havnt changed their opinion abt zidane despite his act on the field.
>>javed
you cant say France was far from winning,coz u never know..and we cant predict the outcome of a game based on past records of any player.
>>avi
yeah lot of them..I wrote the post at 3.45am after the match and I was in a sombre mood..couldnt recollect any names..
Post a Comment