Over the weekend,my two wheeler had a flat tyre and I had to push it on a deserted road for quite a distance to locate a mechanic shop.At the mechanic shop I was welcomed by a very friendly boy who seemed to be the expert around there.As I stood waiting for the tyre to be changed,I noticed a 2Re coin fallen on the ground.I picked it up and gave it to the kid,told him keep it with you.He told 'Madam, adu nandalla..alle haki bidi'.He made me leave the coin on the ground where it was lying.I looked around to see if I could locate some needy person but in vain.Its hard to find such honest people,and many people who live above the poverty line mistake the poor and needy to be dishonest,but there are honest people like the mechanic boy who works hard to earn his bread and butter.Be it just a meagre 250Rs per month.
The day Dr.Raj passed away,I took an auto to reach home.The auto driver was very friendly and talking about the vandalism,how certain anti social elements were spoiling the image the actor had built up.How certain sections of the Police force who were staunch Congress supporters purposely irked the people provoking them to act violently.He went on to say that since noon he hadnt gulped a drop of water or a morsel of food.When I was paying him the fare,I offered him water and fruits which he gracefully accepted followed by a thank you madam,devru nimmage olledu madali.However he still hadnt changed the meter to indicate the increased fare.I asked him as to why he hadnt changed the same.And he went on to explain that it costs Rs.300 and since his daughter is not well he cant afford to spend 300Rs just to upgrade the meter.So much of pain and worry around!
Read a very nice article on Project Yeshasvini launched by the 'Narayana Hrudralaya' here.For more details go to the Narayana Hrudralaya website.The website features young and the old who are in need of money for their surgeries but cannot afford to do the same.My stomach was in a knot reading about such young kids having to go through so much of pain and suffering cos of their ailment.
No comments:
Post a Comment