Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A thing of beauty is a joy forever, wrote John Keats.

When does admiring beauty or enjoying beauty turn into obsession, abuse, infidelity and other kind of dark emotion. Although many might consider infidelity as just a weakness and not a dark emotion. Wonder what is all the fuss around the Tiger's life. The world should be worried only about his game and not his private life.

On the more human side, I have been following the Shopian case and my blood boils.
Why are some men so inhumane? Why are they so cruel? Why are women not treated with respect and integrity? Are women only a mechanism for these men to satisfy their needs? Every day women get abused by few evil men across the world. Wish I was holding the elixir to put all the suffering to an end. Is there a more realistic solution to all this?

Another headline reads that certain evil elements have infiltrated into the country and are trying to create chaos. Imagine this, a brother or father or husband of a woman who is brutally abused by the law holders of the country may resort to violent means for venegance. I am not saying that this is right, but just trying to come up with a rationale.

As long as we have our deeply rooted social problems, the growing disparity between different sections of the society we will continue to fuel the activities of the miscreants.

Is there an end to this all?

I dunno. I know nothing. Wish only I knew.

No comments: