Thursday, December 10, 2009

The biggest fear we all have about death is not where we go or what would happen later. The biggest fear of all is the fear of being forgotten. When I was a lot younger and the first time I realised what death meant, I shivered. It was a sunday noon, everyone at home were asleep and there I was sitting in a corner and sobbing in whispers.

Forward to the present, this subject still sends a chill down my spine.
Much more, after I saw something so drastic, dreadful and devastating infront of my own eyes.

It was Nov 5 2009, the day I became we.

We were out to say bye to people who made the day very special. On our way home, it was a peaceful drive, and talking about the hectic two day affair. The traffic lights were turning from green to yellow, soon to be red. We slowed down from a distance and stopped before the marked line. The lights were still yellow. Within the next fraction of the second a car clearly above the normal speed tried to zip through the changing lights on the wrong side of the road towards our right. At that very instant, the lights for the traffic on the lane to the left of us turned green.
An innocent guy riding a motor bike was the first to move ahead. He obviously couldnt see the speeding car. Like a videogame or like in the movies, it all happened infront of us. His bike hit the car perpendicularly, he was thrown across the car's bonnet to the other side of the road. The car driver realising the seriousness of the accident tried to escape, but was stopped by the people around. The guy had falled on the other side. He did not move.

It was all over.

No comments: