Tomato rice, her, and me!
Bye Aunty! I whispered.
I want fruits, said she. I picked fruits suitable for her diet and fed her one by one. As I watched her chew the fruit pieces, my heart sank. I felt my stomach turn into a bowl of sphagetti. I started pondering on life, the uncertainity, the happiness and despair that it brings along.
She, my best friend's mom.
We got along very well from the day I first met her. I do not know whether she really liked me, but I liked her, a lot. I liked the way she was so caring about me while I was at her place, or with their family on an outing. Even when my friend migrated to distant lands, we still stayed in touch. We had long conversations, she advised me a lot and was always concerned about me. If today she were here, she would have been happy. I know it.
Oh, the tomato rice!
That was my fav dish, she knew it. Every single time I was at her place, I knew that Tomato rice would be on the menu by default. Whether I had to leave by 7.00 in the morning or 6.30am, I could never leave without coffee. Oh! the taste of that strong coffee and the cool breeze outside the house. I have tried many times to prepare the dish, but never upto that standard. Never, ever!
The perfect bond on the family side and the strong glue within the family. She was a very strong woman, managed everything single handedly.
In many aspects I am truely inspired by her. In one's life some people leave an everlasting impact on you. She has left an everlasting impact on my life, for the better and for the good.
When she bid her final adieu, I cried.
You will always be with me,
As long as there as tomatoes, and as long as I am around!
No comments:
Post a Comment