Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's 1.00 pm on a cold monday afternoon. There is anxiety in the air. Somewhere in another corner of the world, two teams considered to be the arch rivals are pitted in what is said to be the perfect climax of an exciting tournament. The ugly part was that here I was sitting and listening to some management fundas when I wanted to sit on my couch and watch the nail biting finish. All through out the lecture, the guy sitting behind me passed on the scores in whispers. There were moments when I smiled and some moments when I looked grim. The score seemed to be low. As the lecture progressed, the tension rose. The mood was somber and frustrating. The time was ticking and the heart was beating fast. I then heard a whisper, 'We won'. I looked back to see my fellow mate grinning. We had won. What a moment that was.
Sad that I missed watching our boys lifting the cup.
A picture speaks a thousand words but a picture can never make up for missing the live telecast. Sigh!

No comments: